April 19, 2010 - The problem that many people experience on their website despite a great marketing campaign is conversion. No matter how good the campaign is, sending people to the homepage is not good enough. The internet marketing solution to this is the Landing Page.
An internet marketing campaign is at the minimum a two step process which must make sense to the potential client.
First, the campaign must get a person’s attention.
Secondly, once you have their attention, you must be able to give them enough information for them to want to contact you without overwhelming them with information they do not want. .
Here are the essential elements to a successful Landing Page
- It must match the campaign so that the visitors have a clear idea that this is a continuation of the campaign.
- Do not overwhelm the visitor with unnecessary information that they are not looking for.
- Have at least 2 or 3 call to action message.
- Have your contact info in plain site.
- Watch for grammatical errors and use words that will be understood by the targeted group. Stay away from too much industry lingo.
- Attractive graphics and ways to interact with your visitors are important.
- Credibility of the page is also a key element. You cannot expect people to purchase or use your services if the page is badly made and does not inspire trust. So spend a few dollars and hire a professional graphic designer.
- Do not be afraid to change the landing page. Look at the visitor the statistics and see how you can improve the conversion rate through trial and error.
These basics tactics will increase your conversation ration by at least 3% to 12% if executed correctly. The main thing to keep in mind is that you have to get into the potential clients mind frame and remember who you are targeting.
The easiest way to do that is to analyze not just your targeted clients but also to analyze which page your site visitors are the most popular and what they click on the most.
You can’t please everyone and if you do try, you will get nowhere.